You Didn't Know One of the Ks was for "Kapp," Did You?

Not even my mother did.

Because I'm feeling musical (and slightly odd), here are the lyrics to a song I wrote partially on, partially after my mission. Yes, I admit it. There is an occasional EFY song that I like.

The song is called "My Brothers" (which should be painfully obvious from the lyrics) and it stems from both my mostly successful attempt to memorize Alma 26 and the fact that my two brothers and I all overlapped our missions and therefore weren't all together for around five years from the time the oldest (not me, I'm middle) left.

It's meant to be sung TBB, and I do have an arrangement - somewhere. Here goes nothing:

My brothers, you and I have been called to serve and set apart
And giv'n a purer heart than we had had before.

My brothers, now that we've reached the end,
Looking back upon this time my heart is full
And I am overcome with joy.

My brothers, we saw the field was white
And we went forth to harvest with our might.

My brothers, there were darker days when rejected and despised
We looked unto the skies and saw His arm displayed.

Then brothers, who too much can praise for His goodness and His love
Our Savior up above who has His servants saved.

My brothers, we sought for our reward
Only to bring our brethren to the Lord

My brothers, we've returned at last.*
Here we find ourselves again reunited, now as men
Who came to know their God.

And brothers, as we survey the past, see our labor and our fruits.
Behold, and are they few?

Could we have ever thought when first our time began
That we would ever be so freed?*
That we'd be aided from above?*
That these would e'er be brought to sing redeeming love?

Could we have ever thought embarking on this day
That as an instrument of God we thus would play?

________________________________________________

So there you have it. I know the grammar is bad in some places, but oh well.

*These lines bother me to varying extents, but I can't figure out how to change them. I didn't star the lines that bother me but I don't think can be changed.

Comments

Popular Posts