About Mobile Blogging

This was a spur-of-the moment idea that has become an interesting exercise in the arts of brevity and visual storytelling.

Here are my self-imposed rules:

1. Keep it short.
2. All content must be unique to the mobile device. No laptops, external cameras, or other means of generating or editing content allowed.
3. All posts must be made during the course of regular daily activities. No special blogging sessions.
4. Use images instead of text wherever possible.
5. Always use at least one image. This is where I am right now:




I try not to make these posts frivolous, and I hope they add quality to the blog. With the images particularly, I make very deliberate artistic choices. I hope it shows.

This isn't becoming my sole means of blogging, of course, but it should help me be more active.

If you want to join in, feel free. I've actually learned a lot about myself as a blogger and an artist since starting. If you do, post a link in the comments to the site you'll be mobile blogging on, and tell me what device and application you're using. I'm using BlogPress Lite, Blogger edition on the iPhone 3GS.

- a part of the mobile blogging experiment

Comments

Popular Posts