Fed

I was starving at school yesterday. I hadn't eaten well all day, and I'd been gone from home since 5:20 AM. It was after 7 PM. I knew I didn't have money to spend on decent food during our dinner break, and I had no change for the vending machine. I really wanted to eat more than junk anyway. I was tempted to get some fast food, but I knew I couldn't afford it, really.

So I walked back from my car, where I'd gone to look for loose change, deciding firmly as I passed the on-campus restaurant that I would save my money and just go hungry for a bit. It was for the best.

As soon as I got back to class, where we were prepping for presentations, one of my classmates pulled a spiral cut ham, some bread, and butter out of a sack and invited everyone to eat their fill. It was part of a presentation on Dr. Seuss. The next two presentations also had food associated with them.

Blessings.

Comments

Tyler said…
Lucky guy. Free food is one of the greatest blessings of all! Well, that and something to blog about... ;)
Good on you for recognizing that for exactly what it was, a blessing
TTBE,

Indeed, and a great one.

Tyler,

Do you mean free food is something to blog about, or something to blog about is one of the greatest blessings? ;)

Popular Posts