By the Books

Three new topics in one day is a lot, but I had to get the ball rolling.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. (Revelation 20:12)"

You know, not long ago Elder Ballard counseled young people to use communication tools like blogs and online forums to spread understanding of the Church. You notice in the above scripture that "books" in the plural appears twice. These are records aside from the book of life and apparently everyone has something written about (or maybe by) them in these books. I know blogs like this aren't made of paper or metal plates, but they do have pages and they are published... I wonder if the records we keep of ourselves and our thoughts are among the books out of which we will be judged.

What do you think?

Comments

I am not a great thinker or philosopher or scholar or anything of the sort but I have a great appreciation for people and things that are good and uplifting. We do have so much in this life to be grateful for and to celebrate, why waist our time doing otherwise? Technology is a gift from God and we are responsible to use it to further his purposes. So although I don't have any great words of wisdom (at least not today:)) I appreciate the opportunity to hear and express good and uplifting things in an otherwise mostly contrary society.
E.J. and I have talked about starting a blog similar to this one only focused on scripture study, and maybe we still will and if we do I hope you will all participate. Until then, I look forward to hearing more from you!

Lisa
Thanks, Lis.

Let me know if you start a blog. I'll definitely contribute.

Love,

Adam

Popular Posts