So I Finally Destroyed Those Candles

I've been wanting to do it for weeks. I've had the place prepared for them, but I didn't yet have the candles to destroy or the necessary parts to rebuild them with.
You see, I needed to put some candles on a set, but they needed to be integrated with our DMX system. And they needed to dimmable. And not a fire hazard. And decent looking. It's been on my list forever, and I finally did it. 

I bought a couple of LED candles and tore out the guts. Then I carved a hole in the top and mounted a candelabra socket in the bottom. I wired them with a plug and found some candle shaped dimmable LED lamps. That was about it. It wasn't a big project, but it was a fun one. Now I have two nice bright candles that look pretty good and can be controlled in sync with all the other lighting. About time. 


Comments

Popular Posts