What Happens When You Combine Very Dry Skin With Heavy Lifting

While I'm still working on the more serious posts, here are a couple of pictures that show what I've been up to. Because, honestly, what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't occasionally show you silly and/or inexplicable pictures of myself?

First - the results of my seasonal dry skin and a long day of lifting stuff. Actually, this looks considerably better than it did the day before this picture was taken.


Second, myself as the Cyber Ninja, featuring my patented (not really) SuperVisor, made from red lighting gel, the elastic strap from some swimming goggles, and old headphones. Ignore the shirt in the background. The bathroom just has the best light in my house.

Actually, minus the visor this is my typical getup for walking to and from the bus stop on cold winter days. Here's what it looks like ordinarily.

Still considerably more ninja than any other look of mine. I actually thing this is one of the better pictures of me, except that it accentuates the slightly off-center mole at the top of my nose that my kids love to poke. You notice that I could have photoshopped that out, but because I respect my readers so much, (and because I'm posting this from a computer that has no image editing software, but that's really secondary) I'm giving you a completely untouched photo here.

In the interest of far more personal disclosure than you wanted, in reality I have three facial moles - the one shown above and one on each cheek, roughly. They form an eerily well-proportioned triangle with my nose as its central point. Needless to say, I have no problem believing that God has a sense of humor.

I've eliminated the unibrow since my high school days, which is why my wife wasn't too embarrassed to marry me after all. That put me just on the safe side of the too-funny-looking-to-be-seen-in-public-with threshold. Thankfully.

Comments

GreenPhoenix said…
Wow, that is a really random post! Love the subliminal advertising for the church with the CTR ring on the little finger, by the way.
Thanks!

I didn't take the picture with that intent, but I thought of the possibility beforehand and decided to leave the ring on in case it drew comment, which I see it has!

I've actually had that ring since I was 18, I think. I wore it throughout my mission and it served as my wedding ring for the first few years of Noel's and my marriage - until we were able to afford a "real" one. I still wear it every day, but that might change in May...

I have a pretty high tolerance for male jewelry, but it has to be tasteful and have a purpose beyond appearance. As a missionary, I wore a rather large turquoise and silver ring that the members of the Papago Ward gave me when I served on their reservation, and I've been known to wear things that have special significance around my neck or on my clothing. Even so, three rings might be a little much for me. I'll have to see what it looks like first.
Tori said…
Adam, Super glue works great on the cracks, especially the really big ones. I do it all the time. Just hold the cut together and put the glue on. Keep holding it until the glue dries. You should try it. Oh and then use Vaseline intensive rescue lotion. It's great.

Popular Posts