Life is Beautiful - Pajert.

It was quieter than normal in Sacrament Meeting today. Maybe it was the combination of Goldfish crackers and Cheerios that did it, but the girls were pretty well behaved. That's why I was able to actually listen to most of what was said by the wives of our bishopric members, most of them speaking about mothers, of course.

As I listened, near the end, it occurred to me how beautiful life is - not just life in general, but also my life in particular. We have our share of challenges, but I really do feel extraordinarily blessed. For a few precious moments, everything I looked at was profoundly beautiful and as I looked at my family, I felt like I was watching the end of an emotional movie. You know the type. After all the action has happened there's a muted montage of the characters wrapping up loose ends, setting up the sequel, or just being themselves to show that after all that has happened, life goes on. There's sentimental and (usually) loud music. Fairly predictable, but with a certain ability to move you.

Well, I was moved. I was moved by one daughter sitting quietly looking around her, by my wife making sure that everyone was taken care of and appreciating the messages that had been given, by another daughter's hands extended yet again in a plea for more toasted oaty goodness. All of it was deeply, profoundly, beautiful. For a moment. Just like my life.

In celebration of our lives, our blessings, and our good wife and mother, we had the first ever Figueira family pajert. See below.


For you who may be wondering, the recipes for Snow Pie (pictured above) and Cloudy Jell-O are are readily available for the asking. My wife didn't want me to just post them. I had two other culinary successes today as well - both experimental. One was a pot roast with red pepper and brown sugar. The other was a turkey-noodle dish with cream of celery. Both sound pretty weird, but taste really good. Bye.

Comments

Th. said…
.

Happy days. Each one precious.

Popular Posts