Some New Photos

I got a few rolls of film back from the lab yesterday. Here are some of the highlights. Some of these are half of a stereoscopic pair, and I'll be working on getting the actual stereographs printed and mounted in the next few weeks. Others are from a Pentax ZX-30, which is a pretty low-end 35mm camera I found at a thrift store recently and bought because I only had the stereo camera and wanted to try something more usual (and less time-consuming). Turns out it was in the thrift store to start with because the motorized rewind mechanism doesn't work, and the camera doesn't have a manual rewind function. So I had to do it by hand in a dark bathroom. That's why a couple of these have some light leaks. They were casualties of the process of exploring why the camera wouldn't rewind properly. 

This isn't really a photography blog, but if you're interested, most of what you see here was shot on Ilford HP5 Plus, but the last four were on Rollei Retro 400S. I fell in love with the creamy blacks and midtones of the roll of Retro 80S I shot a while ago, and I wanted to try out a more flexible stock from the same line. I'd also like to try some other things from Ilford, but I have a few more rolls of the HP5 to get through first.

Anyway, here they are. 















Comments

Popular Posts